Restore/Reset itself when removed from mesh?

KYTECHNGAMING

Question

Maybe someone think this before however I want to advise a thing that if you remove extender from any mesh, extender reset itself automatically before to add another mesh network.

Is it hard coded? Just remove config is possible?

Lite and Air have H/W selector. If we reset or restore, these are reset just this mode. Is not possible to reset just working mode for other models?

I think it will be handy feature. Sometimes changing devices between different mesh takes twice as long.

Edited by yerebakan

3 answers to this question

If you press "Remove" on controller extender shall reset its configuration (because it's generally useless without reset, extenders are being locked during acqusition with contoller crypto key and without it they will do noting useful).

Do you imply that removed extender preserve configuration after explicit removing from contoller web interface?

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2021 at 5:52 PM, Le ecureuil said:

If you press "Remove" on controller extender shall reset its configuration (because it's generally useless without reset, extenders are being locked during acqusition with contoller crypto key and without it they will do noting useful).

Do you imply that removed extender preserve configuration after explicit removing from contoller web interface?

Example; 

Lite is removed by controller and resetting Lite configuration on "C" mode. I will add other mesh system directly.

Extra is removed by controller and resetting Extra itself to Router mode. I need to change to "C" before add to other mesh.

Thank you for this implementation. 

Thank you for this development.

Uzun zamandan sonra mesh sisteminde ekle/kaldır seçeneklerini deneyimledim. Ve bu özellikler ile birlikte açıklayıcı uyarının geldiğini farkettim.

image.png.bf45a6c89737b91a73889e791e8656a5.png

It took me 5 minutes to set up the new mesh with the Hero DSL. Just remove and pair with WPS. ✌️ Also 2 extenders are out of my home. :)

image.thumb.png.fe753c5640b84bd400f9babc602bdef6.png